The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT Win Extreme Charity Makeover Contest
Recognized For Commitment To Community & Youth
Milford, CT—December 12, 2013—The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, Connecticut, was recognized on December 7 at the Harbor Yard Arena in Bridgeport, CT for their dedication and commitment to the community by winning the Extreme Charity Makeover Contest. The Extreme Charity Makeover Contest was inspired by wanting to give exposure to community organizations that set the example for young businesses, and were voted on by their advocates and supporters. The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT is the proud recipient of over $20,000 in marketing services.
Additional Finalists included:
- Children’s Community Programs of CT: www.ccp-ct.org Brian Lynch-Watch their video here
- Jewish Family Service of New Haven: www.jfsnh.orgJohn Garfinkel-Watch their video here
- Junior League Greater New Haven: www.jlgnh.org Aimee Loinig-Watch their video here
- LEAP: www.leapforkids.org Esther Massie-Watch their video here
- Literacy Center of Milford: www.literacycenterofmilford.com Tami Jackson-Watch their video here
- Milford Historical Society: https://plus.google.com/103221519959853203922/about?gl=us&hl=en Art Stowe-Watch their video here
- Sterling House Community Center: www.sterlinghousecc.org Lou Perno-Watch their video here
- TEAM, Inc.: www.teaminc.org Richard Knoll-Watch their video here
- Visiting Nurse Association of South Central CT: www.vnascc.org John Quinn-Watch their video here
“The Boys & Girls Club would like to send a special thanks to all those who voted. The Boys & Girls Club was up against hard competition, and we are thrilled to have received such recognition from our supporters” noted Megan Altomare, Executive Director, Boys & Girls Club of Milford. “A heartfelt thank you to the local community, Club members, Board Members, sponsors and supporters for making the Club the amazing place it is. Thanks to this support, the Boys & Girls Club of Milford can continue to supports the youth and help them thrive.”
Make A Difference In A Young Person’s Life—sponsor, volunteer or donate to the Boys & Girls Club of Milford, Connecticut, the 17th Boys & Girls Club in the state of Connecticut. The Boys & Girls Club is a 501-C3 non-profit organization. Visit http://www.bgcmilford.org/ for sponsorship and volunteer opportunities. Stay up to date on all of the Boys & Girls Club Events—connect on Facebook. CONTACT: Megan Altomare, Executive Director, Boys & Girls Club of Milford, firstname.lastname@example.org or P: 203-713-8055
About The Boys & Girls Club: Boys & Girls Clubs of America leads a federation of more than 1,100 independent organizations across the country and on U.S. military bases worldwide. Each year, local Clubs serve more than 4.2 million young people, through Club membership and community outreach in some 4,000 locations. Visit www.bgca.org for more information.